Top 7 Tips to Prepare for the Finals
Is it possible to enter the pre-finals periods stress free? It’s not just possible it’s easier than you think! It goes without saying that studying for the finals is not a walk in the park, but who says that this period should be filled with stress and tears? Only these final tests stand between you and your summer break. Aren’t you ready to show your teachers all that you have learnt during the year? Be sure, if you follow these seven tips, it will be a piece of cake.
How to Study for Final Exams
- Know your goals. In the first place, don’t ever forget why you have started studying. Remember that study is about your future, and these grades are not just for your parents.
- Prioritize the most important tests. Any effective study plan includes this piece of advice. Not all tests are equally important and you should spend more time on those, which matter most.
- Know the format and content of your exams. Ask your teacher whether you’ll need to write an essay, answer a multiple choice, do both or do something completely different. This way, you will spend less time on things that do not get you closer to the good result.
- Start studying at least one month in advance. It’s much better to study for a longer period of time, rather than try to fit everything into your head in a couple of days. Start at least one month in advance and you’ll be rewarded for your efforts.
- Learn how you study best. Studying for finals goes best when you know and apply what works best for you. Some students like to use flashcards, study in the morning and use mind maps. What works best for you? Find out and study in accordance with your idiosyncrasies.
- Take snack breaks. Take a 10 minute break every hour to get some glucose (fruit, almonds, yoghurts etc.). Don’t even think about pizza, as it won’t help you to study better.
- Don’t forget to sleep. If you sleep too little, the capacity of your memory reduces, which makes you a weaker learner. You don’t need it, especially before the finals.
You survived finals before and you will certainly do it this year! Don’t be afraid and strive!